Premium Sea Wool Sponges
Currently out of stock
These are not the standard bath sponges you typically see out in the market. They are real Rock Island Sea Wool sponges that measure about 4"-5" in size. All of our wool sponges come from the waters off of Tarpon Springs, Florida, known the world over for having the finest sponges.
Sponge divers hand cut them and bring them into the docks there for immediate processing (which yields a beautiful golden yellow), cleaning, and cutting. The total process means almost 48 hrs of labor is in every sponge! Because these sponges are hand-picked from the docks, we only get the very best for our Premium Bath Wool Sponges.
These large luxury natural sponges have silky soft textures, and are incredibly durable. These are excellent for the face and bath, and thousands of other uses. Soft as silk when wet, there is no finer sponge than a Rock Island Wool.
A note about the harvesting of sponges: The sponge divers maintain a very strict diving operation to ensure that they do not over harvest. They do this by ising specific areas and logging their dive areaseach dive.
Additionally, only part of the soonge is removed leaving enough to maintain healthy future growth.
- Sea Sponges contain natural enzymes that inhibit, but do not prevent the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria. After each use it is best to let them dry completely. You can use one of the following methods below to occasionally disinfect the sponge:
- A solution of 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 cup water. This will also re-bleach the sponge if it becomes discolored from use.
- A solution of a few drops of pure Tea Tree essential oil in a cup of warm water. This will also remove any odor from your sponge.
- A solution of 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar in a cup of warm water.
Things NOT to do to a sponge:
- Do not use strong bleach on a real sponge as it will cause it to deteriorate.
- Do not "wring" the sponge in a twisting motion as it will cause it to tear.
- Do not dry in the dryer or in a microwave. This will cause it to shrink and harden.
**Please note that image shown is an approximate sizing and due to the nature of natural sponges, yours may not appear as this one does when wet.**