Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare dulce)
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Information
Common Name: Fennel
Latin Name: Foeniculum vulgare dulce
Plant part: Seed
Distillation Method: Steam
Distillation Date: Fall 2014
Shelf Life: About 4 years
Country of Origin: Hungary, conventionally farmed
FD0715 Fall 2014
Aroma: This is a beautiful essential oil with a very sweet aroma that reminds me a little of licorice. It has hints of spice and earthy tones, but is quite warm and expansive in it's profile.
Personal notes: This is a phenomenal oil to support the digestive and intestinal systems that I use frequently. In my experience, it can also be used in feminine discomfort when blended with Roman Chamomile. I have also used it in respiratory support blends as well. This is a very versatile oil that I personally enjoy using.
Safety Data: This essential oils can and does interact with drugs/medications. It has been shown to be contraindicated for pregnancy, breastfeeding, endometriosis, and estrogen-dependent cancers. Fennel should also not be used for children under five.
Usage ideas: Create your own blend for feminine support/cramping.
- 3 drops Clary Sage
- 1 drops Fennel
- 1/2 ounce jojoba
Emotional/Energetic Qualities: Can be purifying and supportive of clearing stagnant energy, supportive of self-expression, productivity, communication, and creativity.
Recommended applications: Diffuse, topical application using safe dilution ratios, steam inhalation, inhaler.
- Orally it is cautioned for use with diabetic medications and anticoagulant medications.
- It is also cautioned for use with individuals going in for major surgery, individuals with hemophilia or other bleeding disorders, or those with peptic ulcers.
- It has a maximum recommended dermal use of 2.5% based on 4.8% estragole content.
- Depending on the estragole content, there are concerns regarding use. Estragole ranges in this essential oil vary between 1% - 4.8%. The higher the estragole content, the higher the concern.
- Do not place on broken skin.
California Prop 65 Statement: This product contains essential oil constituents on the CA Prop 65 list of toxic chemicals. This product conforms to the reporting requirements of California Proposition 65 (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986). We are conforming to the regulation by reporting the existence, or lack thereof, of ingredients deemed reportable by the above mentioned regulations via a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), in Section 15 "Regulatory Information." Ingredients from Natural Food Sources (NFS) are exempt from reporting in accordance with Title 27, § 25501(a).